In-Person Worship Services Postponed
What will In-Person Worship Service look like at Hyde Park Presbyterian. We have postponed the reopening of the sanctuary for in-person worship due to the rising cases in Hillsborough county. Once we see a decline in cases for a 2 week period we will resume in person worship using specific guidelines for guests for Phase 1.
Virtual Worship Services, Kid’s Church and Morning Jam will continue to be offered online once we do resume in person worship if you are not ready to attend in person just yet. The Virtual CONNECT class will continue to be offered via zoom at 10:15 am.
Due to the high risk that many of us face amidst this pandemic, guests will be asked to follow the directions below to protect the community. Cooperation is expected within our church.
Hyde Park Presbyterian Church has the following guidelines for guests:
- Enter the Sanctuary through the Swann Avenue doors. The Sanctuary and portion of the hallway on the Orleans side are the only areas of the church accessible at this time.
- Please wear a mask.
- Before entering the Sanctuary, utilize the hand sanitizer found in the entrance, or your own.
- Find a seat by choosing a pew that is not blocked off.
- Respect social distancing by sitting at least six feet from other guests. Families may sit together.
- The nursery and children’s church will not be open. Children are welcome to worship with their family, however no clipboard activity sheets will be provided; please feel free to bring your own.
- Offering plates will not be passed. Giving Boxes are located in the foyer with envelopes, along with prayer request cards.
- Bibles and Hymnals, along with all other paper goods have been removed. Scripture and words to songs will be on the large projector screen.
- After the service, exit the sanctuary through the Swann Avenue doors.
- If guests need to use the restroom, please utilize the individual restrooms located directly across from the nursery on the Orleans side.
- Communion will not be served at this point in time.
Guests who are not feeling well, are immunocompromised or are not comfortable attending public services yet are asked to continue to view the virtual worship services online at hydeparkpres.com.
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org