We are very excited to have formed a partnership with Thornwell, an organization that has been around since 1875. The original Thornwell is located in Clinton, South Carolina and has served and continues to serve children in need. Recently Thornwell added some new services, including the Building Families program. Building Families is an evidenced-based, in-home service that offers practical, hands-on tools to improve a child’s behavior and reduce parental stress. The program strives to improve communication and healthy family functioning through use of tested, proven parenting techniques taught by experienced and passionate professionals. The Thornwell specialist meets with clients in their home, around their family schedule and is equipped to provide highly personalized services, tailored to each family’s unique needs. The program has grown to include the Tampa area. Hyde Park Presbyterian serves as “home base” for Stephanie Kelly.
Stephanie Kelly is the Building Families specialist working in the area around Hyde Park Presbyterian. Here’s a summary on what Stephanie did for our area.
• During 2018, Building Families served 130 children and family members through our partnership with Hyde Park Presbyterian Church!
• A total of 10 families representing 47 individuals participated in the in-home intervention. Of those families, 7 successfully completed the intervention and are now receiving Aftercare support. Three families are currently participating, and are on track for a successful graduation this spring.
• 24 additional individuals graduated from the program in 2017 and continued to receive Aftercare support with Stephanie in 2018.
• Stephanie also reached 18 additional families with 59 household members through the 3 community Workshops that she provided.
• Stephanie provided 158 home visits, 1 school visit, 15 Field/Community visits, and 69 supportive phone calls were made to families.
• Stephanie completed 9 visits to referral sources in the Tampa area and completed an additional 139 contacts by phone/email to educate community partners about the program and share how they could connect families to the program.
• This eﬀort to engage the community resulted in 21 families being referred for services during 2018.
• Stephanie also shared that she enjoyed participating in the daily life of the congregation and staﬀ at Hyde Park. During 2018 she had the opportunity to attended 8 diﬀerent church events and 14 church staﬀ meetings!
To read a more complete report, you can check out this Fact Sheet.
We are delighted to be able to partner with Thornwell to serve our community. Learn more today by visiting the Building Family program information found here. We look forward to serving together! If you know of someone who could benefit from this program, please don’t hesitate to contact us or use the link above to get more information.\
New Here ?